Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Swaps and more swaps

These are the fabrics and other goodies I'll be sending to my partner for the Mini Quilt in a bag swap. Most of the chocolate and aqua squares are from a Moda Tula Pink Nest Charm Pack. I bought them from Hancock's of Paducah (really great customer service and super fast shipping). The others are an Alexander Henry (blue and brown mod print on the far left) some chocolate and natural linens and a little aqua piece, some vintage lace and crochet hexagons from the local thrift craft store. Seriously, I'm developing a real problem when it comes to that place! Stay tuned for the upcoming intervention.....I also found a vintage dresser scarf that had seen better days. I'm thinking about stitching a small design and including that in my swap bag as part of the mini quilt. Any suggestions on what exactly to stitch? I can seem to make up my mind. See how I went right back to what else I bought at that store?! A sure sign of addiction! Anyway, I can't wait to see what my partner sends for me to work with and get started on her quilt.
I'm also wrapping up my package for the Red and Aqua Swap, hosted by Selena and Sarah . That will be sent out tomorrow to my partner in Austrailia so I'll be posting a sneak peek at that in the next few days. I don't want to ruin Tracey's surprise! :) You can also check out all the other swappers goods on their flickr group.

2 comments:

Mistea said...

Love the colours you have chosen for that quilt. Oh yeah I thought you said you were taking up residence at the thrift Craft store??

Jill said...

Seriously! The store is moving down the block in January and will be closed for a whole week! What will I do? :)