Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Weekend or How Snow Can Make You a Crazy Person

A recap of our still freezing cold, not a green blade of grass in sight weekend at home.

Pink Marble Marshmallows. Thank you Martha Stewart. This was Momo's idea but, of course she decided she'd rather go to the library half way through the recipe. Guess who finished making those.

Finishing up all those swaps I've signed up for. Seems I am unable to control myself with the whole swapping thing. Note new mobile swap on my sidebar. From left to right: Five birds for the Bird's of Change Exchange, a Gee's Bend inspired Mini, the January Swap Till You Drop inspired by Patsy Cline's "Crazy", and also destined to be in the mail this week, the Mini Quilt in a Bag Swap for Heather. Whew. Mini raspberry pie made by me. Totally my idea, unlike the marshmallows. I even stole the little skillet from the kids. The Monkey man spent more time pretending to cook that little thing than he did eating it.
A new do for me, oh and a little color too. That stripe down the center that I had working was not cute. This one's for you Neenee. You know how much I love having my picture taken. :0!
And to round out the weekend, a night of crafting mania by several of the kids and and adult or two. How was your weekend?

5 comments:

frankenpug said...

Looks like a productive indoors weekend! I just wanted to let you know that I will have some mini-quilt sneak peeks availble either tonight or tomorrow:)

Mistea said...

I just want to say we could do with some of that cool stuff here this week as the temperature soars past 100F. You have been very busy creating and it all looks wonderful. Good to see the kids get a turn too. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Hi, you won the crocheted bird on http://norico.freeblog.hu. Congratulations! ;-))) I´ve already written you an e-mail. Please let me know your mailing adress and I send the birdie to you.

Sara said...

I really like your haircut! I've had something similar and loved it.
How were the marshmallows? They look so good but I am lazy. Although, I am not so lazy that I won't finish your STUD swap this week! My machine and I are having a bit of a battle of will but I'm going to win1

Yarni Gras! said...

I love those types of days....I had one today :-)
I love the quilts and little birdies you've made.
How were the marshmallows? That is one thing I haven't tried...yet....hmmmmmmmm