Friday, January 2, 2009

Quilt Love

Happy 2009! Time for a little bloggy housekeeping...it seems I took a rather long break over the holiday chaos, so no time like the present to catch up.

First up is my beautiful mini from Quiltinkimmie for the December Mini Quilt Swap on Flickr.
The theme for this one was "My Favorite Things" and Kim certainly nailed it! Made with all reproduction 1930's fabrics and beautifully stitched. I love it so much, its hanging in my kitchen so that I can look at it all day. Yeah, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.


Next we have the big Christmas gifting reveal, close your eyes and walk directly to the mirror...oh, that's the cosmetic surgery channel. Alright, back to the quilting talk. Yet another mini made for my friend and her new mini mansion. Neenee needed something to brighten up one of those many bathrooms and so we have the "Wash Day" mini. I swear it started out as neutral colors NeeNee. I don't know what happens once I get going. This little quilt took a lovely trip with the Monkeys (Stella and Irene, see post below) and from what I hear is now hanging prominently in the loo. :)
More Christmas fun! Rum balls for everyone! What could be better than balls made of rum, especially for the husband's co-workers. We all know no one gets any actual work done the day before Christmas. :)
And for those all important teachers in our lives, list takers from a pattern by JC Handmade. I'm told they are all currently in use (except maybe the one I gave my brother in-laws new girlfriend, you never can tell....). Not to mention the forty or so loaves of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread that went off to Middle School with G. Boy, that kid has a lot of teachers.
We've spent today organizing, chore charts have been made, new House Rules posted and an ABC Gratitude list compiled. The kids it seems, thought they were in charge for a minute there.
Not to worry though, order has been restored and chances are very good that no one will be smacked in the eye with a flip flop by a rampant sibling tommorrow. We'll see how long the peace lasts. How about a round of Kumbaya?

4 comments:

Christy Amular said...

Your mini quilts are the cutest things!

jenclair said...

So many cute things. Especially love the wash day quilt!

susan said...

those list takers are so pretty, and yummmm rum balls

Christy Amular said...

Hey Jill! I added you to my blog roll too! Your blog is adorable. :)