Saturday, October 11, 2008

Vintage Bits and Pieces

Another good day at the local craft/thrift store. Love that place! So many fun things to show you. I know I can't be the only one who makes the squealy noise when finding a whole bag of vintage silk thread spools for....ready? Two, yep two dollars. My family thinks its a little weird that I'm not planning to actually sew with it. Maybe someday...okay, probably not. Right now they look fantastic in their little vintage pyramid on my grandmother's desk.
Also from the amazing thrifty crafty place, a huge bag of quilt pieces already basted and waiting for a project to call home. I found a place for some of them on a new notebook holder so I can look ultra cool when I go to those PTA meetings. Its hard to be cool at PTA. :)
On a totally unrelated note, I received my scraps of fabric from JCHandmade for the Spare a Square Challenge. Its amazing how being handed a few fabrics you probably wouldn't have combined yourself can make think. I wasn't really sure where this project was going when I first saw the scraps. After a day of ignoring them and then waking up the next morning thinking about it, I finally got started. The project is going in a totally different direction than I thought, but I really think I like it. Oh, and here's a teaser, I used a little bit of some vintage goodness to pull it all together. Stay tuned for a WIP photo hopefully tommorow.

No comments: