Monday, September 15, 2008

Magic Carpet Bag

A little late for a beach but, a finally a bag big enough to fit all our towels for swimming at the Y. This beauty holds six beach towels, keys, sunglasses, snacks and a small sketchbook. What else could we need?

Made using linen and my favorite Japanese nesting doll fabric and some recycled jeans for the pocket and strap. I made up the bag as I went along and was able to finish it in an afternoon. I think my favorite part is the pink chenille scrap that I used to line the top four or five inches of the lining. It gave the bag a nice weight at the top and kept it from being to droopy.

Totally unrelated to the bag, I've also signed up for a few swaps/challenges. The Gratitude Swap is being hosted by Melissa and the Spare a Square Challenge hosted by JC Handmade. For those of you Seinfeld fans.....the challenge is totally unrelated to the toilet paper episode. I do love the name though and can't wait to get started! I'll post pics of the Gratitude Swap as soon as my partner receives it.

No comments: